My Brain is like Google Search. The Difference is I don't have all the answers.



How "The View a la Vu" came to be.

I've started somewhere between 4 to 6 blogs in the past couple years and have really ended up nowhere.  I can credit the nowhere foundedness to my past basic lack of focus to what is true. 

Here we finally have it.  This is what I see.  Simple.  What you read is what I feel about what I see.  This body of work is my VIEW of the world, and all the little and big things contained in it.  When it came time to pick a name of this generalized blog about everything and nothing, my brain ran a Google search.

This time, I came up with an answer.  I thought, if this is my view of the world, maybe I should call it "Vu".  Vu, my last name, is also a nickname I've had for years among others (Vooster, Lala, L, Vuvu).

One of my fondest (and scariest) memories of a child is of my second grade teacher, Mrs. Downey, an old prune of a lady with a strict attitude and a french accent I could never understand.  When yelling at me for misbehavior, she referred to me as "Miss 'view'".  I'm sure my complete lack of response to my name often infuriated her even more.  Years later I came to understand why she called me "Miss View".  My mother, a well-educated woman fluent in French, told me that "Vu" in french is pronounced like "view" (As in deja vu).

So when figuring out what I could call this voice, I quickly ran a search that brought up my solution in what felt like a millisecond. 

Welcome to The View a la Vu.

*Thanks for the inspiration Noelle Sukow.

Monday, October 4, 2010 by La. Vu
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply