Broken Mirrors (A Million Little Pieces) and Just 5 Minutes.


One beautiful thing about the youngest of my friends and coworkers is that I get to reap some of the wisdom others have developed within their lifetime.  Last night I was speaking to an old friend of mine, the kind you don't talk to for months, but when you finally catch each other, it's as if you haven't missed a moment of their life.  He provided me with such fresh perspective; when I told him I've been in doubt and more of a pessimist than anything, he assured me that my problems are just small ones without even knowing what my problems are.  His words, combined with the supportive words of a close friend whom I do speak to daily make me realize 2 things:

1) Problems are like broken mirrors; the more pressure you apply to them, the more they crack.  A broken mirror is easier to put back together if only broken into a few pieces.  But if the problem is a recurring one to which pressure does not seem to ameliorate, the mirror cracks into a million little pieces, hence making it harder to fix.

2) We can spend 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, weeks, months, and years being upset.  The longer you dwell on the negativity, the more resentment you will develop.  Thus, if you can spend 5 minutes, hours, 5 days, weeks, months and years being upset, why waste your time being angry and negative for anymore than the first 5?

Thank you N and J.


Thursday, October 28, 2010 by La. Vu
Categories: | 1 comment

One Comment

  1. thanks for sharing the wisdom. :)

Leave a Reply