I'm a bibliophile



I'll admit, with a good amount of hesitancy, that yes, I am a complete and total nerd.  I think my bibliophilia gives that away, if not my love for classical music and on/off again relationship with Call of Duty.  I've read so many books that I simply cannot name just a single favorite, nor can I list off the top of my head, more than 10 great books that I've already read.  There must be something a bit old fashioned with me--I see no attraction in the kindle of the iPad.  If you want to read book, guess what!  There's a book for that. I'm a Generation Y specimen living in a time of relentless technological creative inventions created to offer us efficiency and instant gratification.   Realizing that I must read a book means I instantly head over to Skylight, the neighborhood Indie bookstore, and nab whatever copy I can get, even if in horrible condition.  I briskly read and then admire the collection of books collecting dust in my quaint Los Feliz studio apartment.  Every weekend I add "Buy new bookshelf" to my To Do list (I also love To Do lists besides my inability to actually complete them).

I've heard of virtual bookshelf apps for Facebook and recently added a virtual bookshelf widget to my blog (see right).  I've always been one eager to share my excitement about even the littlest things.  And I'm never shy to share my thoughts on a book I've read.  Check out my collection of what I can actually recall reading off the top of my head without looking at what's sprawled between my bed, dining room table and kitchen.  You can only see three novels here, but visit Shelfari for a more extended list of great (and one horrible) reads.  Let me know your thoughts, and based on what you see, I welcome recommendations and review.

Monday, January 24, 2011 by La. Vu
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply